23-APR-2012 TO 30-APR-2012
- As part of the activities of the IBM Centre of Excellence, a 4‐days Workshop was conducted for S3 MCA students and staff during 25 ‐28 April 2012.
- Mr. Shibin K Benny (S4 CSE) & Arjun K (S4 PE) participated in the 2nd FIDE rating Chess tournament held at Nalanda Auditorium, Calicut.
- M/s. Al Reyami conducted a Campus Recruitment Drive 2012 at our campus on 28, April 2012. 85 students from CE, ME and PE participated in the drive of which 45 are shortlisted after the test.
- Events/ Workshops/ Seminars/ Conferences
As part of the activities of the IBM Centre of Excellence, a 4‐days Workshop was conducted for S3 MCA (2010 Admissions) students and staff during 25 ‐28 April 2012. The instructor was Mr Venkitaratnam from WebTek Labs Pvt. Ltd. (WebTek Labs is a leading independent outsourced software testing service provider headquartered in New Delhi, India.) The activities of the Workshop were centered around Lotus Domino R 8, an IBM developed software.
- Staff Participation / Achievements
1. Col. M.P. Induchudan (Retd), (Prof & Head, Dept of CSE) attended a one day workshop on National Vocational Educational Qualification Framework (NVEQF) sponsored by AICTE and Dept of Technical Education, Govt of Kerala held at College of Engg, Thiruvananthapuram on 26, April 2012. The Workshop was inaugurated by Sri. P.K. Abdu Rabb (Hon’ble Minister of Education, Govt of Kerala). Dr. S. S. Mantha (Chairman, All India Council for Technical Education ‐ AICTE) spoke on the objectives and implementation plan of NVEQF.
2. Ms. Divya K.V (Asst Prof, CSE Dept), Ms. Swapna K.M (Asst Prof, Humanities) and Mr. Abbey Augustine (Asst Prof, CE Dept) attended Infosys Campus Connect Soft Skills Training held at Thiruvananthapuram during 25‐27, April 2012.
3. Mr. Shanil K.N, Mr. Amal Ganesh and Ms. Remya P.C (Asst Professors, Dept of CSE) stood Second in the state‐ level "Inspire" competition conducted by M/s Infosys as a part of Campus Connect held at Infosys, Thiruvananthapuram on 27, April 2012.
- Training & Placement Cell Activities
M/s. Al Reyami conducted a Campus Recruitment Drive (CRD) 2012 at our campus on 28, April 2012. 85 students from CE, ME and PE participated in the drive of which 45 are shortlisted after the test.
- Sports & Games
Participation in the 2nd International FIDE Rating Chess tournament