Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre(IEDC)
An Entrepreneurship Development club is functioning in this Institute to inculcate the culture of entrepreneurship among the students and to equip them with the skills, techniques and confidence to act as torch bearers of “Enterprise” for the new generation. Formally inaugurated on 05/08/2005 by Mr IK Ayyappan, General Manager, District Industries Centre, Thrissur, the club has around 300 student members. One of the main objectives of the club is to change the mindset on the negative attitude prevailing in the state for taking up entrepreneurship as a career.The EDC & Startup has been converted to IEDC VAST on 16-11-2016.
Objectives of IEDC
- Creation of Entrepreneurship Development Cell is on continuous basis to help create value added jobs and services.
- Fostering the entrepreneurial spirit. Create Awareness about Technology Incubation and Commercialization of R & D products and processes.
- Developing tools for Technology Transfer.
- Promote small & medium industries.
- Assistance to existing incubates by way of specialized services e.g patenting, "Copyright" arrangement of venture capital, helping towards marketing of products & processes awareness.
EDC has a panel of Training and Technical consultants.Entrepreneurs are provided office space in the incubation centre to set up their R&D / business operations. The centre has the following facilities.
- Finished office space with air-conditioning.
- Continuous power supply
- Maintenance services
Other Services Offered
- Start Up Village
- Virtual Incubation
- Project Facility for Students