The four-year B.Tech Programme of the Department admits 60 students each year. Production Engineering is a relatively new engineering discipline and the course has been specifically added to address the ever increasing needs of the industrial and manufacturing sector for which, a very high growth is foreseen. Production engineering involves the design, control, and continuous improvement of integrated systems in order to provide customers with high-quality goods and services in a timely, cost-effective manner. It is an interdisciplinary area requiring the collaboration of individuals trained in industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, product design, marketing, finance, and corporate planning. The department has the following well-equipped laboratories:
- Production Engineering Lab I & II
- Metrology Lab
- Instrumentation Lab
- Advanced Manufacturing Science Lab
- Industrial Engineering Lab
- To seek knowledge in the field of Manufacturing technology, Management and Quality engineering with the emerging technological concepts.
- To strive continuous improvements in teaching–learning process through industry driven engineering excellence.
- To achieve the needs of the society by providing adequate support with the application of innovative technology and quality oriented education.
[ To know more about this branch and it's Career Prospects click here ]