ISTE VAST Chapter
- ISTE - Induction Training Programme, July 2012
- IGNOU-ISTE Short Term Courses ( JAVA , CAD/CAM )
The 22nd Annual State Convention of Indian Society of Technical Education
Award for the best ISTE Chapter in Kerala
Activities 1. ISTE VAST Chapter organised a lecture on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells for Next Generation Power Plants by Dr P V Aravind, Faculty,Department of Process and Control, University of Delft, Netherlands,on 15th July 2011 at VAST
2. ISTE VAST Chapter and CSI VAST Chapter jointly organized a two day workshop on Text processing using LATEX during 16-17 sep 2010. Workshop was conducted in MCA Dept. 30 Teachers from different departments attended the programme. Workshop was inaugurated by Dr. T. Jishnu, former Principal, Govt. Engineering college, Thrissur.
3. ISTE VAST Chapter organized a programme on Wealth Management on 03-08-10. Dr. V.K.Vijayakumar, Retired Professor, Sreekrishna College, Guruvayur delivered the lecture. 45 teachers attended the programme.
4. ISTE Kerala Section conducted one induction Training Programme at VAST for Engineering College Teachers during 02-07 Aug 2010. The programme was organized by ISTE VAST Chapter.
5. Dr. K B Maheswaran Namboodiripad (Visiting Prof.), Department of Mechanical Engineering delivered a talk on “Linear Algebra” on 18th June 2010. Teachers from various departments attended the Programme. 6. Dr. K B Maheswaran Namboodiripad (Visiting Prof.), Department of Mechanical Engineering delivered a talk on “Effective teaching of Engineering Mathematics” on 11th June 2010. Teachers from various departments attended the function.
7. Dr. K B Maheswaran Nambudiripad (Visiting Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering Vidya Academy of Science and Technology) delivered a talk on “Effective teaching of Engineering Mechanics” on 10th June 2010. Teachers from various departments attended the function.
8. The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur, Kerala organized two days National Conference on Communication Networks (NCOCN’10)on 8th & 9th April 2010 in association with ISTE VAST Chapter. Around 120 research papers were received in latest trends in the field of Communication Networks. Out of which after a review process 60 papers were selected for presentation.30 delegates from different universities, colleges, industries and R&D organizations registered and 22 of them participated. The conference was inaugurated by Shri. Surjith Chandrasekhar, Senior Manager-Technology, Tata Tele Services Ltd.. Dr.D.Balakrishnan (Academic Director, VAST) released the conference proceedings. Dr.S.P.Subramanian (Principal, VAST), Dr.P Pratapachandran Nair (Professor Emeritus and Chairman ISTE VAST Chapter) addressed the gathering. The Invited talks by Sri Thomas Antony ,Project Head , NPOL, Kochi, and Dr. P.S. Sathi Devi Professor, NIT, Calicut made it more fruitful.
9. ISTE Vast Chapter in association with Computer Science Department, Vidya Academy of Science and Technology held a National Conference on Human computer interaction and Image Processing '10 on 18th and 19th March 2010. Conference stimulated the urge for research in the areas of Human Computer Interaction and Image Processing by bringing academicians, research scholars, scientists and industry experts together on a common platform to share their research experiences and perceptions. The conference provided a platform for researchers to present state-of-the-art new ideas, practical considerations and novel applications of these areas. The conference targeted industry Institute Interaction and discussed various ways to promote collaborative research and developmental activities.
10. One full day workshop on COSTX software was conducted by ISTE VAST Chapter on 22-2- 2010. Mr. Suijith Sivanand, Director, Acette Technologies, Australia engaged the classes . 11. Er. L.N.Sethumadhavan, Retd. Sr. Dy. General Manager-QM and IT- of L&T Limited, Hazira Works, Surat, delivered a talk on “Towards Positive Thinking” at Vidya Academy of Science & Technology on 01-03-2010 under the banner of ISTE chapter. In his lecture, he explained various aspects of Positive thinking. Like, positive thinking is to focus on good thoughts rather than bad one. It is beneficial and producing constructive results. It helps us to live active and highly determined life where self-esteem is crucial. It indicates growth, response and motivation in individuals. In addition, he listed 5 ways for positive thinking.
12. ISTE VAST Chapter in collaboration with EEE Dept conducted an International Conference EPSICON 2010 from 04 to 06 Jan 2010. !00 papers were presented from 12 countries
13. Dr Narayanan Komerath, Professor , Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA delivered a lecture on ‘Micro Renewable Energy systems and Various projects for Undergraduate Students on 17/12/2009. About 30 teachers and 20 selected final year students attended the programme.
14. Prof.V.A.Sudhakaran, HoD, Department of Civil Engineering delivered a talk on “Laloor waste dump – Technology options for a permanent solution” on 25-11-2009. In his talk, he briefed the current issue in Laloor. Thrissur Municipal Corporation is operating a municipal waste composting plant and disposal site at Laloor in Ayyanthole village, eight kilometer from the Thrissur city, functioning since 2002. A total of 30 to 35 MT of unsegregated waste is transported to the site out of which 15 to 20 MT is converted into compost. The rejects of the compost plant are disposed into trenches, which is then covered with clay. There is a need for providing a weighbridge and extension of the present shed at the composting plant. 15. Prof.Sudha Balagopal, HoD, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering delivered a talk on “Phenomenon of Lightning” on 18-11-2009. In her talk, she explained the mechanism of lightning, types of lightning etc. She concluded the session by discussing various lightning problems, which affect transmission lines. 16. Prof M.P. Krishnakumari, Professor, English Department delivered a lecture on Dynamics of Language on 11/11/2009 . About 30 teachers participated in the programme. 17. Er Thomas John, Research Fellow and Practicing Acoustical Consultant, University of Melbourne, Australia delivered a talk on Acoustics on 16/7/2009.