Ms. Sunitha C
Doing Ph.D at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent University, Chennai.
M.Tech (Computer and Information Science) from Cochin University of Science & Technology
B.Tech (Engg.) (Computer Science & Engineering) from Govt. Engineering
Diploma (Computer Science & Engg.) from Women’s Polytechnic,
Associate Professor in Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Vidya Academy of Science & Technology, Thrissur from January 2012 to April 2016.
HoD in charge from September 2010 to March 2012.
Asst. Professor in Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Vidya Academy of Science & Technology, Thrissur from July 2008 to August 2010.
Senior Lecturer in Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Vidya Academy of Science & Technology, Thrissur from December 2006 to June 2008.
Lecturer in Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Vidya Academy of Science & Technology, Thrissur from August 2003 to December
Lecturer in Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Sree Rama Polytechnic, Valappad from June 1998 – March 1999.
Lecturer in Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Women’s Polytechnic, Nedupuzha from July 1995 to March 1997.
Natural Language Processing
Big Data Analytics
Working as the Co Investigator of the project titled "Semantic Role Labelling of Malayalam Web Documents for Cricket Domain" which has been selected for research seed money funding of Rs.15000/- from CERD (APJAKTU), Kerala.
1. Sunitha, C., Jaya, A. and Ganesh, A., 2016. A Study on Abstractive Summarization Techniques in Indian Languages. Procedia Computer Science, 87, pp.25-31. Web Link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050916304604
2. Akhila, K., Ganesh, A. and Sunitha, C., 2016. A Study on Deduplication Techniques over Encrypted Data. Procedia Computer Science, 87, pp.38- 43. Web Link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050916304628
3. Mohan, M.J., Sunitha, C., Ganesh, A. and Jaya, A., 2016. A Study on Ontology Based Abstractive Summarization. Procedia Computer Science,87, pp.32-37. Web Link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050916304616.
4. Nasreen, M.A., Ganesh, A. and Sunitha, C, 2016. A Study on Byzantine Fault Tolerance Methods in Distributed Networks. Procedia Computer Science, 87, pp.50-54. Web Link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050916304641
5. Devika, M.D., Sunitha, C. and Ganesh, A., 2016. Sentiment Analysis: A Comparative Study on Different Approaches. Procedia Computer Science,87, pp.44-49. Web Link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S187705091630463X
6. Devika, M.D., Sunitha, C. and Amal Ganesh., 2016. Category Based Sentiment Analysis in Travel And Tourism Domain. IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), Vol. 1, pp. 01-05. Web Link: http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jce/pages/Conf- %20ICFTE%E2%80%9916-vol-1.html
7. Akhila K, Amal Ganesh and Sunitha C, 2016, Ensuring security for Fixed Block Level Deduplication in Cloud Backup. IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), Vol. 1, pp. 06-12. Web Link: http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jce/pages/Conf- %20ICFTE%E2%80%9916-vol-1.html
8. Jasmine J , Sunitha.C, Document Clustering Using Cluster Based Method, International Journal of Emerging Technology And Advanced Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 7, July 2013.
9. Sunitha.C, Dr.A.Jaya , A Study of Automatic Text Summarization using Extractive Techniques, International Journal of Research in Advance Technology in Engineering (IJRATE), October 2013, Volume 1.
10. Archana , Sunitha.C, An Overview on Document Summarization Techniques, International Journal on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering (IJACTE), Volume 1 Issue 2, 2013.
11. Hema P H , Sunitha C, Spell Checker for Non Word Error Detection: survey, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJARCSSE), Volume 5, Issue 3 , March 2015.
1. A. Ganesh, K. N. Shanil, C. Sunitha and A. M. Midhundas, "OpenERP/Odoo - An Open Source Concept to ERP Solution", 2016 IEEE 6th International Conference on Advanced Computing (IACC), Bhimavaram, 2016, pp. 112-116. doi: 10.1109/IACC.2016.30. Web Link: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7544819/.
2. Archana , Sunitha.C, A Survey of Extractive Summarization Techniques, Proceedings of PoSiCom13 "National Conference on Power, Signals, and Computation"; held during 15-16 March of 2013 at VAST.
3. Hema P H , Sunitha C, Malayalam Spell Checker Using N Gram Method, ICCIDM-2015 Conference (International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining, held during 5th & 6 th of Dec 2015.
4. Anisha C S , Sunitha C, A Hybrid Parts Of Speech Tagger for Malayalam, Third International Symposium on Women in Computing and Informatics (WCI-2015), held during August 10-13, 2015.
5. Sunitha C, Dr. A Jaya, A Phoneme Based Model For English to Malayalam Transliteration, IEEE International Conference on Information, Innovation in Computing Technology
- Life Time Member of ISTE (MISTE)
- Associate Member of CSI (MCSI)
- GATE qualified. Year 2006. GATE Score : 483. All India Rank : 564
- Second Rank holder for Diploma in CSE.
- Successfully completed the assessment for the Quality Management System – Internal Auditor Training Course held on April 26 – 27, 2013.
M.Tech Thesis guided
- A Cluster Based Approach for Document Summarization.
- Automatic Speech Recognition by using K-means clustering algorithm.
- An Integrated System for securing Web Applications from SQL Injection Attacks.
- Number Plate Detection using VEDA.
- Morphology Analysis of Malayalam: A Novel Approach.
- A System to suggest Appropriate Medicine for different Diseases Using Combined Mining Approach.
- A Hybrid Parts of Speech Tagger for Malayalam.
- Malayalam Spell Checker using N-GRAM Method.
- Category Based Sentiment Analysis in Travel & Tourism Domain.
- Ontology Based Agro Advisory System.
- Tweet Segmentation using Dynamic Programming
- Concept Extraction for Taxonomy Learning
- TaxoFinder : A graph based approach for taxonomy learning.
- A system for converting database queries in natural language to SQL queries.
- Train the Trainer Programme on “Life Skills” Organized by ICT Academy, Kerala conducted at GEC Thrissur.
- Induction Training Programme Conducted by Indian Society for Technical Education.
- FDP on “Big Data, Six Sigma ERP,GenY Technlogies,IoT “ at TCS Infopark Kochi
- ”OOAD using Rational Rose”, Software Training Programme conducted by IBM at VAST
- FDP on “Big Data Analytics, Apache Spark and Map Reduce” at CUSAT, Cochin
- FDP on “Multivariate Data Analysis” at Organized by Department of Economics GEC, Thrissur
- FDP on “Ethical Hacking” at VAST Thrissur
- FDP on “Internet of Things and Cloud Foundry” at TCS,Infopark Kochi
- FDP on “Extended Training Programme in PHP” organised by Dept. Of CSE & Dept. Of CSE of VAST in association with ISTE from 24th Feb 2009 to 2nd March 2009.
- FDP on Theory of Computation organized by Dept. Of CSE, Jyothi Engg. College, Cheruthuruthy from 4/4/13 to 5/4/13.
- FDP on “Cloud Computing” organized by TCS, Kochi on 19/2/2013.
- FDP on "Robotics", at TCS Kochi on 22/4/14.
- FDP on "Artificial Intelligence" at TCS Kochi on 22/4/14.
- FDP on “Algorithms & Complexity” from 21/4/15 to 25/4/15 at GEC, Thrissur.
- FDP on "Advent of Artificial Intelligence and the driving forces" on 8/12/15 at TCS, Kochi.
- FDP on Hadoop and R Programming from 12/1/16 to 13/1/16 at Jyothi Engg. College, Cheruthuruthy.
- National workshop on” Advanced trends in Web Development-WEBWARE’09” VAST
- Workshop on “Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing” at VAST, Thrissur
- Workshop on” HOW TO IDENTIFY A RESEARCH PROBLEM” at VAST Thrissur
- Workshop on “Web Development using HTML5, CSS “at VAST Thrissur
- Short term course on “Teaching Excellence and Methodologies” organised by ISTE, Kerala Section at MTI, Thrissur during 24-29 of May 2004.
- Microsoft Certified training on Microsoft .NET held at CUSAT during 19-23 of December 2005.
- Workshop on “WEBWARE '09, a three day workshop on Recent Trends in Web Development” organized by Dept. Of CSE & Dept. Of CA of VAST during 4-6 of Feb 2009.
- Workshop on “Advanced Developer Technologies” organized by Microsoft Corporation on 27th June 2009.
- Short Term Training Programme on “Advanced Linux Administration and Networking” organised by Dept. Of CSE & IT of Adi Shankara Institute of Engg. Technology in association with ISTE during 6-10 of July 2009.
- National level Workshop on “Image Processing” organised by Dept. Of CSE & IT of Jyothi Engg. College, Cheruthuruthy during 8-9 of October 2009.
- Workshop on “Carnatic Music Features and Signal Processing” conducted as part of EPSCICON 2010, International Conference on “Power, Control, Signals and Computation” organised by Dept. Of EEE, VAST on 3rd January 2010.
- Attended Training Programme on “Application of Advanced Mathematics in Engineering and Research Methodologies” organised by ISTE Kerala Section & VAST during 21-22 of January 2011.
- Workshop on “Text Processing using LaTeX” organized by CSI- VAST Student Branch during 20-21 October 2011.
- Two day Workshop on “MATLAB for image processing” organised by Dept. Of CSE, Prajyoti Niketan College, Pudukkad, Thrissur held during 20-21 of January 2012.
- Workshop on “Research Methodologies and Intellectual Property Rights” organized by Centre for Engineering Research and Development, GEC Thrissur from 10/12/13 to 12/12/13.
- Workshop on “LaTeX” on 18th January 2014 at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology.
- Workshop for the mentors of NPTEL "Online Certification courses" at IIT, Chennai, on 15/3/2014.
- Workshop to explain the processes and Procedures of KTU on 28/2/15 KTU at Diamond Jubilee Hall, CET, TVM.
- Workshop on “Quality Assurance in Academic and Sponsored Research” on 7/3/2015 at B.S. Abdur Rahman University, Chennai.
- Workshop on "Ethical Hacking" from 14/1/16 to 16/1/16 at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology.
- Workshop on Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing during 1/9/16, 23/9/16 & 24/9/16 at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology.
- Workshop on “Data Science Research” organized by Dept. Of Science & Technolgy and Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai from 30/11/16 to 2/12/16.
- Workshop on J2EE technologies - 2days.
- National Conference on “Free Software” organised by CUSAT during 15-16 of November 2008.
- NCHIP '12, National Conference on “Computer Networks, Human- Computer Interaction and Image Processing” organised by Dept. Of CSE & Dept. Of CA in association with ISTE & CSI during 14-15 March 2012.
- PoSiCom’13, National conference on “Power, Signals and Computation” organised by Dept. Of CSE, ECE, EEE & MCA of VAST during 15-16 of March 2013.
- National Conference on “Recent trends in Web Technology - RTWT’13” organised by Dept. Of CA, BSAR university Chennai from 4/10/13 to 5/10/13.
- IEEE International Conference on “Information, Innovation in Computing” organised by Dept. Of CSE, Natural Language Symposium on “Dravidian Languages (iDravidian 2015)” organised by IIITMK, TVM on 10/12/15.
- National Conference on “Indian Language Computing (NCILC 2016)” organised by Dept. Of CA, CUSAT from 26/2/16 to 27/2/16.
- 25th Annual State Convention of ISTE and Seminar on “Strengthening Technical Education for sustainable Development “ at Jyothi engineering College,Thrissur
- National Seminar on “Artificial Intelligence & Expert System” , PERCEPTION organised by Christ College, Irinjalakuda during 26-27 of February 2004.
- Seminar on “Language Computing” organised by State Institute of Languages and Sree Kerala Varma College, Thrissur on 21/11/2007.
- KSCSTE sponsored programme on "Technological Advancements in Transforming Women’s Life" organized by Dept. Of Applied Science, VAST on 30th March 2011.
Vidya Academy of Science & Technology
Thalakottukara P.O., Kecheri, Thrissur - 680501, Kerala, India
Phone: +91 4885 287751, 287752
Fax: +91 4885 288366
Affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University & University of Calicut Approved by AICTE | ISO 9001 : 2015
Copyright © 2018, www.vidyaacademy.ac.in. All Rights Reserved.