Computer Science & Engineering
The Department offers B.Tech and M.Tech degree. The Department has a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of Computer Hardware and Software with an emphasis on practical learning. The course structure is up-to-date and includes courses on nascent topics to equip students with the latest developments.
The labs have 250 PCs with latest configurations running Windows as well as Linux and a number of other high-end multiprocessor servers. Two dedicated leased lines, 100 Mbps BSNL(1:4), 10Mbps Asianet (1:1) and one broadband connection NMEICT up to 30 Mbps connections serve the labs and the rest of the campus. Specially equipped classrooms provide on-line computing facilities.
Progress through quality education and become a centre of excellence in computing knowledge..
To seek, to strive for advancements in technological and social aspects so as to create socially responsible engineers in the field of computer science, who will embark to further reduce gap between science and man-kind.
PSOs, PEOs & POs
Program Specifc Outcomes (PSOs)
1. Ability to understand the principles and working of computer systems .Ability to design and develop programs using open source tools and efficient data structures
2. Ability to understand development methodologies of software and hardware systems in emerging technology environments
3. Ability to use knowledge in various researches, industrial and computing applications to provide solutions to new ideas and innovations
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO-1: To bring the physical, analytical and computational approaches of CSE to bear on the challenges they take on, abstracting essential structure, recognizing sources of uncertainty, and applying appropriate models, technical tools, and evaluations to develop their solutions.
PEO-2: To bring to their careers the self-assurance, integrity, and technical strengths that drive innovation and the communication and collaboration skills to inspire and guide the groups they work with in bringing their ideas to fruition.
PEO-3: To develop abilities and talents leading to creativity and productivity in fields and professions beyond the regular CSE curriculum.
PEO-4: To promote life-long self learning abilities to remain professionally effective to the society.
PEO-5: To promote among graduates the ability to gain multidisciplinary knowledge through projects and industrial training, leading to a sustainable competitive edge in R&D and meeting societal needs.
PEO-6: To inculcate group work and team management skills with cross-cultural etiquettes, promoting knowledge transfer leading to conceptualization and delivery of projects with varied complexity.
PEO-7: To sensitize graduates towards issues of social relevance, openness to other international cultures and to introduce them to professional ethics and practice.
Program Outcomes (POs)
POs describe what graduates are expected to know or be able to do by the time of graduation from the program. After completion of the course, B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering graduates will have:
1. An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics including discrete mathematics, probability, statistics, science and engineering fundamentals appropriate to the discipline.
2. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyze and interpret data to produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
3. An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
4. An ability to analyze, identify, formulate and solve hardware and software based computing problems accounting for the interaction between hardware and software appropriate to its solution using current techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools
5. An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
6. Knowledge of contemporary issues in the social sciences and the humanities using computational tools.
7. An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
8. An ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary areas, to accomplish a common goal.
9. An ability to propose original ideas and solutions, culminating into a modern, easy to use tool, by a larger section of the society with longevity through effective communication in speech and in writing, including documentation of hardware and software systems to customers/users or peers.
10. An ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in computing globally.
11. An ability to apply engineering and management knowledge and techniques to estimate time and resources needed to complete a technical project.
12. An ability to have an entrepreneurial mindset to apply knowledge of engineering and management to one’s own surrounding environments.
Sanjeev G Menon
Mr. Shali K R
BSc, BLISc, MSc. Computer Science
04885287751 Ext : 226
Mr. Martin. P. R.
B.C.A. , Diploma in Computer Engineering
04885287751 Ext : 226
Mr. Krishna Prasad.M.K
Manager - IT Division
Diploma in Information Technology, CCNA, CCAI
Mr. Sreejith K.S
Ms. Jesna C.G
04885287751 Ext : 719
Ms. Renuka K V
Diploma in Computer Engineering, B.Tech.
Mr. Sreekumar C B
Technical Support Asso.
Diploma in Computer Engineering
Ms. Sreeja K
Diploma in Computer Engineering, BCA, MCA*
04885287751 Ext : 127
Ms. Lalini K.U
Diploma in Computer Engineering
04885287751 Ext : 121
Ms. Siji. MS
Diploma in Computer Engineering
Mr. Arun lal
Diploma in Computer Engineering, B.Tech.
04885287751 Ext : 129
- First & Second Semster ( 2k syllabus, 2004 syllabus, 2009 syllabus , 2014 syllabus , 2015 KTU, 2016 KTU)
- Third Semester ( 2k syllabus, 2004 syllabus,2009 syllabus , 2014 syllabus, 2016 KTU )
- Fourth Semester ( 2k syllabus, 2004 syllabus ,2009 syllabus, 2014 Syllabus)
- Fifth Semester ( 2k syllabus, 2004 syllabus ,2009 syllabus, 2014 Syllabus)
- Sixth Semester ( 2k syllabus, 2004 syllabus ,2009 syllabus, 2014 Syllabus)
- Seventh Semster ( 2k syllabus, 2004 syllabus,2009 syllabus ,2014 Syllabus)
- Eighth Semster ( 2k syllabus, 2004 syllabus,2009 syllabus, 2014 Syllabus )
CSE Dept launches ACM Student Chapter, observes CSE Merit Day, . . .
It was an eventful and memorable day for all students, faculty and staff of the CSE Dept of the College. It was a day on which the Dept organised a host of activities all centred on students: their achievements, their activities. No one name can indicate all the activities.
The programme started at 1.45 pm on 26.03.2018 in the Auditorium with a prayer and Rangapooja. This was followed by presentation on the various activities conducted by the Dept during the year 2017-18. Dr. Ramani Bai V (HoD, CSE) welcomed the gathering. Dr. Sudha Balagopalan, Principal, presided over the event.
Inauguration of ACM Student Chapter
During the programme, a Student Chapter of ACM was officially inaugurated by Er. K P R Vijayan, Author Trustee, VICT. The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) is an international learned society for computing. It was founded in 1947, and is the world’s largest scientific and educational computing society. It is a not-for-profit professional membership group. Its membership is more than 100,000 as of 2011. Its headquarters are in New York City.
Launching of the Dept Newletter
As a component of the events, Dr. Krishnachandran V N, Vice-principal and HoD of MCA Dept, officially launched the CSE Department News Letter 2017-18. He also felicitated the occasion.
Mr. Abishek Nandakumar of S6 CSE delivered vote of thanks. The function adjourned at 4.00
FDP on Machine Learning Using Python
THE CSE Dept of the College, in association with the Computer Scociety of India (VAST Student Branch), conducted a 5-day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Machine Learning Using Python” during 16-20.01.2018. The objective of the FDP was to provide hands-on training in machine learning techniques and their applications. The topics were selectd approximately as per the APJAKTU M Tech curriculum. The FDP was targeted at faculty members, research scholars, industry persons and PG students.
Infosys Train the Trainer (TTT) Program on Software Testing
The CSE Dept of the College, jointly with the Training & Placement Cell, organised a 3-day Train The Trainer (TTT) program of Infosys under the Campus Connect Program during 06-08.12.2017. The programme was on Software Testing and Test Automation using the Selenium freeware tool.
The workshop was attended by as many as 21 participants from institutions outside Kerala state and engineering colleges in Kerala. As many as seventeen faculty and staff members of the College attended the pregramme.
The inaugural ceremony was held on 06.12.2017. It was presided over by Er. G. Mohanachandran, Executive Director, VICT. Dr. Sudha Balagopalan, Principal, Dr. V N Krishnachandran, Vice-Principal, Dr. Ramani Bai V, Head of CSE Dept. and Mr Paul Chakola, Head of T&P Dept, spoke on the occasion.
The sessions were handled by Mr. Harish Saidu and Mr. Hari S, both from Infosys Ltd., Thiruvananthapuram Development Centre. The workshop concluded with a valedictory function held on 08.12.2017.
Two day workshop on "Web Development"
Vidya Academy of Science and Technology ,department of computer science and engineering conducted a two day workshop on "Web Development" in association with IEI &CSI On 24-03-2017 to 25-03-2017 at computer center, decennial block. Rajasekar P M ,JASS solution was our Resource person. He had excellent knowledge in web development. He tried to cover all the important topics of web development like css,html,php etc. based on the schedule planned. Around 56 participants attended the workshop including faculties and students .
Welcome address was delivered by Ms. Nitha K P (Assistant Professor, Dept. of Compter Science and Engineering).The function was inaugurated by Dr. V.N. Krishnachandran (Vice Principal & HOD , VAST). Ms. Beena M.V(Assistant Professor, CSE) felicitated the occasion. After the inaugural ceremony, started the hands on sessions.
First day ,deal with the basis of web development using HTML then CSS. Finally all developed a mini website. Second day ,started with basis of PHP. PHP was more user interactive and easier language to understand. Rajasekar sir helped to acquire knowledge in this field. This workshop was more interactive and self studying. The two day workshop on web development become more useful to everyone especially for the students those who are doing consultancy project related to web designing.
27 Students of S6 CSE
Sunitha C, Amal Ganesh, Beena M V, Aswathy M R, Remya P C, Sivadasan E T, Nitha K P,Vidya M,Greeshma Gopinath, Remya P S, Jucy Vareed, Divya K V, Geethu P C, Ayana Ajith, Salitha K K,Parvathy P R, Mahalakshmy A, Remisha Ravindran, Resmi K Rajan, Sreerag Sreenivasan, Sreeja K, Jesna C G, Siji M S, Arun lal, Sreekumar, Lalini K U
Three day FDP on " Natural Language Processing & Machine Learning "
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering in association with CSI, IEI & ISTE organized a three day Faculty Development Program on " Natural Language Processing & Machine Learning " on 1st,23rd & 24th of September 2016. Dr P C Reghu Raj(Principal GEC Sreekrishnapuram) handled first session on Computational Linguistics and Mr Ajeesh Ramanujan(Asst Professor,GEC Sreekrishnapuram) handled a session on Support Vector Machines on 1 Sep 2016. Mr Jayakumar T V(Asst Professor,Vidya Academy of Science & Technology) handled the sessions on Introduction to Python,Introduction to Numpy and Matplotlib,Installing scikit-learn &Visualizing data set,Linear Regression,SVM and Decision Tree Classifier and K -Means Clustering during 23rd and 24 Sep 2016
Three day FDP on “Ethical Hacking”
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering in association with Computer Society of India ( CSI) conducted three day FDP on “Ethical Hacking” on 14-16 January 2016. Mr. Shanil K.N ( Asst.Professor, CSE-VAST) handled the sessions on Introduction to Ethical Hacking, System Hacking- Unauthorized Access to a System, Scanning Networks – Discovering Host Properties, Sniffing, SQL Injection and Denial of Service (DoS).
Inauguration of CSE Department Association
The inauguration of Department Association of Computer Science and Engineering was conducted on 24th July 2015. A 2-day workshop on Matlab was also organized in association with this, for S7 students and faculties .The function was inaugurated by Dr. Sudha Balagopalan (Principal VAST). The launching ceremony of CSE Department website was also included on the same event, which was done by Mr. Jaimon Jacob(Assistant Professor, Govt Model Engineering College). After the inaugural procedure Mr. Jaimon Jacob delivered a technical talk on “innovative Projects on Image Processing using Matlab” and thereafter handled the hands-on session. On the 2nd day of workshop was handled by Mr. Manish.T.I (Associate Professor, MET’S School of Engineering, Mala).
Two day workshop on “MATLAB”