Vidya Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Research
V-CAIR (Vidya Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Research) has been formed to promote the Vidya Zonal Lead Partership with leadingindia.ai which is a nation-wide initiative on AI Skilling and Research with an object of Transforming India Next revolution in providing AI man power to the world.
Progress through research and education in Artificial Intelligence and thereby transforming the nation.
To promote research and innovation in Artificial Intelligence and to foster collaboration with Academia, Industries & Start-ups.
To develop the skills of next generation in Artificial Intelligence for the betterment of society.
- Er. G Mohanachandran - Executive Director, VICT
- Mr. Suresh Lal - Finance Director, VICT
- Mr. Gireesh Kumar - Secretary, VICT
Advisors and Reviewers
- Dr. Agnisarman - Dean-PG Studies
- Dr. Sudha Balagopalan - Prof. & Dean-Academics
- Dr T N Padmanabhan Nambiar - Sr Professor (PG)
- Dr. Saji C B - Principal, VAST
- Dr. Ramani Bai V - Head of V-CAIR
- Mr. Ravisankar S - Member V-CAIR
- Mr. Suraj Rajappan - Member V-CAIR
- Mr.Sreekanth R Shekar - Member V-CAIR
- Mr. Nakulraj K R - Member V-CAIR
- Ms. Nirmala Krishnan - Assistant Professor, CE
- Ms. Mahalakshmi A - Assistant Professor, CSE
- Ms. Jasna S B - Assistant Professor, EEE
- Mr. Ramesh C R - Assistant Professor, ECE
- Mr. Vibin Antony P - Assistant Professor, ME
- Dr. Ramadas T - Assistant Professor, PE
- Mr. Manesh D - Assistant Professor, MCA
- Ms. Nisha A B - Associate Professor, AS
- Dr. Siju K C - Assistant Professor, AS
- Dr. A P Sobha - Associate Professor, AS
VCAIR organizes technical session on self-driving cars
Vidya Center for Artificial Intelligence and Research (VCAIR) organized a technical session on “Self-Driving Cars” by Robotics and Cognitive Systems in TATA Consultancy Services (TCS) on 31 January 2019 at Advanced Computing Lab. Dr Ramani Bai V (Prof and Head, CSE Dept) gave the welcome address. Dr Saji C B (Principal, VAST) delivered the presidential address. Er G Mohanachandran (Executive Director, VICT) officially inaugurated the function by lighting the traditional lamp and delivered the inaugural address. Mr Jaiju Jacob, resource person from TCS who is currently working as a platform architect for TCS Robotics team, offered an introduction about the session. Mr Sarath Peter (AI Club Member, VCAIR) delivered vote of thanks.
The session gave the attendees an insight into the different stages of development involved in self-driving cars. Concepts of robotic operating systems and connected cars were introduced in the session. The session also showed the self-driving projects implemented in Kerala
VCAIR organizes 3-day NVIDIA Workshop on “AI & Deep Learning”